The Money Laundering Regulations 2007
The Money Laundering Regulations cover the activities of service providers amongst many, which includes Estate Agents and Auctioneers.
In line with banks, IFAs and other providers of professional services we are required to seek proof of the buyer’s identity.
All successful bidders must provide proof of identity and address to the Auctioneers immediately after the fall of the hammer (when signing the Purchaser’s slip) as follows (one document from each box):
Photographic Identity Documents:
- Current signed Passport
- Current full UK/EU PhotoCard Driving Licence*
- Resident Permit issued by Home Office to EU Nationals
- Firearms Certificate
Evidence of Address:
- Current full UK Driving License (old style)* (Provisional licence will not be accepted)
- A utility bill issued within the last three months (but not mobile phone bills)
- Local Authority tax bill (valid for current year)
- Bank, Building Society or Credit Union statement containing a current address
- Most recent original mortgage statement from a UK lender
*These items may be used as evidence of identity or address, but not both
If the buyer’s details are different from the successful bidder’s then proof of the identity for both buyer and bidder will be required. This will be requested at the auction.