On auction day, the bids can come in thick and fast. We want to alleviate any concerns you may have and make the whole process as stress free as possible.
- Auctioneer’s announcements: Our auctioneers commence proceedings with initial comments and announcements. They may involve the property you wish to buy so we suggest you arrive on time even though the lot you may be interested in may be one of the later lots.
- Amendments on auction day: A final addendum will be available in the auction room as sellers/solicitors may amend details up to the time of auction. We recommend that you check with us beforehand whether your property has sold prior/ been withdrawn/ subject to change. Make sure that you have seen and understand any addenda relating to the property for which you are bidding. Guide prices may also change during the period leading up to auction day. An up to date list is available in the auction room.
- Auction day assistance: We want your experience to be as enjoyable and as satisfying as possible. The Sharpes team are available to answer any questions that you may have. Please do not hesitate to notify us if you require our assistance with access or seating or disabilities. We are here to help you.
- Please make sure you bid clearly and in time. We would hate to miss your bid.
- If your bid is successful at the fall of hammer then you are under a binding contract to purchase a property. A Sharpe’s team member will guide you to our auction team.
- The bidder’s name and address, the buyer’s details (if this is different from the bidder) and the name and address of the solicitor who will be acting for the buyer are all required to complete the memorandum of sale.
- A deposit cheque or card payment for 10% of the purchase price drawn on an Approved Financial Institution (please see the Common Auction Conditions) and payable to Sharpes will be required. Please make sure that there are sufficient funds in your account. We do not accept cash.
- In addition to this, we will require two original forms of identification to meet the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 (please see Proof of Identity).
- Once you have signed the memorandum of sale and any other relevant documents we will give you copies of the signed documents to pass on to your solicitor.